Information About the Selection Process
Please note, the lottery selection process for Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition will begin after February 1st of each year. If your application is not selected and you wish to remain in the application pool, you must complete an online application each year in order to have the most current information available. Remember, that the lottery selection and admission process are ongoing since students withdraw and enroll throughout the year. Because of the class size limitations, seats are not filled until the current students are promoted or retained, which may be dictated not only by faculty assessment but also by state standardized test scores. The selection process is focused on retaining a student demographic profile in each research school that reflects racial, ethnic, and economic diversity of the state’s students. Students are selected until all currently available seats are filled within the necessary demographics. Selections will be made as openings arise and those selected will receive an email from email@example.com which will invite your child to attend the FAU school you applied for. If your application is not selected, but you are interested in remaining in the lottery, you must reapply each year so the most current information can be available for the selection process.
Thank you for your patience.
If you child is selected to attend Palm Pointe, you will be required to bring all the documents listed below in order to register your child.
- Parent/Guardian drivers license or photo ID
- Proof that seat was accepted online
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Social Security Card
- Court custody papers (if applicable)
- IEP/504 paperwork (if applicable)
- Official school transcript or most recent report card—(1st grade -8th grade only, Kg not applicable)
- Proof of St. Lucie County Residency –ONE of the following documents with name and address of Parent or Guardian printed on it is required:
- Electric, Water or Land Line Telephone Bill – within 30 days
- Signed Lease Agreement – within 60 days
- Official Rent Receipt – within 30 days
- Current Mortgage Deed - within 60 days
- Mortgage Payment Coupon - within 30 days
- Sales/Builder’s Contract – with completion date within 6 months
Kindergarten through 12th Grade
|5 doses||(DTP) Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis|
|4 doses||Polio vaccine|
|3 doses||Hepatitis B vaccine series (or alternate 2 dose series)|
|2 doses||(MMR) Measles, Mumps, Rubella|
|2 doses||Varicella (required for K and 1st grade)|
|1 dose||Varicella (required 2nd through 8th only)|
Also, any student entering Florida schools for the first time must present a School Entry Health Exam (form DH 3040) performed within the last 12 months prior to enrollment.
**7th through 12th Grade** Additional requirements:
|1 dose||(Tdap) Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (within last 5 years)|
Sixth (6th) graders must have a Tdap before entering 7th grade. Immunization dates must be turned in to the school clinic on a blue 680 state form obtained at the time of immunization.
Call your pediatrician, Health Department or local clinic today for an appointment- DO NOT DELAY!!